Tuesday, September 23, 2008

My choice of Lab - What I think

After spending more than 10 hours and reading all details, I came up with list of equipment for my Home Lab. As of now I do not have any plan of giving any certification exam but I want to have my own lab because of my interest in networks. Just want to have fun with whatever new I can try on the set up. I already have Masters Degree under my belt and its not doing any thing good to me on comparing it with real world experience. What really matters for me now is to enjoy what I fond of doing rather than filling my resume with more stuff. May be in near future if I like, can give a shot on Cisco exams in a row.

Requirements:

~ frame relay switch, an ISDN simulator, and an access server
~ DCE-DTE cables/ console cable/ rollover cables/ straight-through cables/ octal cables
~ Rack - 12 u

Switches: Cisco – 2 Cisco 2950 and 1 Cisco 2924
Routers: Cisco 3640, 2611XM, 2520 and 2511